mercoledì 12 marzo 2014

Let's meet Paddington!

Today is one of those days when you stop and think.
I see new spaces around me, in the hole and all around and it seems to be a new city. I feel a little lost.
Well... it's not the same sensation of the first time here when every corner had to be discovered, and that feeling still comes out every time I hear the voice on the bus giving informations, that reminds me the first bus I took once jumped down from the airplane, with hopes and fears going on. No, but it's all new indeed and suddenly, the previous 2 years look like a far away dream...
So I walked on my short legs and went to Paddington Station to visit Paddington Bear's Statue.
This was the bear who could perfectly understand me today.
I think I have already mentioned about glorious Paddington Bear, who was found at the station, after a long long trip from Peru, adopted by a British family, facing a lot of adventures with a passion for jam.
He is still one of the favourite bears for British children and adults, several generations have grown up reading his stories.
It feels comfortable, I mean it's like having a big brother bear looking after me, little Teddy. 
Thank you Paddington.


Oggi è uno di quei giorni in cui ci si ferma a pensare.
Vedo nuovi spazi intorno a me, nella tana e vicino e sembra quasi una nuova città. Mi sento quasi un po' perso.
Insomma... non è la stessa sensazione della prima volta quando ogni angolo andava scoperto, che riaffiora anche adesso ogni volta che sento la voce sul bus che fornisce informazioni, che mi ricorda il primo bus preso appena saltato giù dall'aereo, con tutte le speranze e le paure del caso. No, ma è comunque tutto nuovo e improvvisamente i 2 anni precedenti sembrano un sogno lontano...
Così mi sono incamminato sulle mie zampette e sono andato alla stazione di Paddington a visitare la statua dell'orso Paddington.
Era l'orso che più di tutti poteva capirmi oggi.
Credo di avere già menzionato il glorioso Orso Paddington, trovato alla stazione dopo un lungo viaggio dal Perù, adottato da una famiglia inglese, pronto ad affrontare mille avventure con la passione per la marmellata.
E' ancora uno dei personaggi preferiti di inglesi adulti e piccini, tante generazioni sono cresciute con lui.
E' quasi rassicurante, voglio dire, è come avere un grande fratello orso che si preoccupa per me, piccolo Teddy. Grazie Paddington.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento