martedì 27 gennaio 2015

It's crystal clear: I had to visit Crystal Palace Park

It was a bright sunny morning, this morning, so I took advantage of it and left my hole to go to visit something new: Crystal Palace Park.

Lovely.

Full of different areas that make you feel in a different place from every side of it. I'll try to map it for you:

a- You will start your tour from the Italian Terraces, ancient atmosphere and huge view on London surrounding hills... so relaxing, you will feel like having a real italian "reggia" at your shoulders, with an upper and lower level linked by stairs and sculptures.


b- take one direction or the other and you'll find the egyptian sphinxes, which will bring you on the other side of mediterranean sea, even if you won't feel that hot (it was freezing this morning... lucky me I have my fur!)

c- moving on, go over the concert bowl and enjoy the wide view of the grass surrounded by trees and ponds shining at the sunlight.

d- you'll arrive at the park cafè after a good walk, just to enjoy a whole meal (such fish and chips plates!) or just a hot drink. I opted for the Parma ham and mozzarella panino. Do you think it's good enough for a bear? I appreciated a lot anyway.


e- once ready you can start your tour among the dinosaurs theme park. It's an amazing area full of ponds and falls and plants and flowers, where dinosaurs statues stand for an interesting prehistoric adventure. Jumping in the past you can also listen to Darwin's audio trail to know more about these animals. In case you have forgotten your mobile or don't have an internet connection you can listen here: http://www.audiotrails.co.uk/dinosaurs/


f- at the end of it, pass by the children's farm, go through the sport centre (just in the middle of the park) and Crystal Palace stadium, to find yourself back to the grand central walk Here you'll find the I WW bell.

g- the tour is actually complete, I can say (crystal clear!) Crystal Palace is a fantastic park, can't wait to visit it in other seasons to see different colors and shadows.


1 commento: