domenica 22 maggio 2016

Lyme Park and my old friend Button

You know already my old friend Button. 
I went to visit him in Manchester long ago and we had cakes and scones and tea...

Well, he moved home so I went to visit him and the story remained the same: nice places and good food together!

This time, we went to visit Lyme Park.
Located in Disley, Cheshire, it is next to a deer park in the Peak District National Park.
Moreover, it's the place where BBC's Pride and Prejudice, the one with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, was filmed.

You can still find animations and actors making Jane Austen world alive, and feel like you are a modern Elizabeth Bennet dealing with doubts and heartbeat.
As a food lover bear, I felt much closer to cookies, that gave me a lot of feelings as well.


As always, we spent time chatting and walking, enjoying the interiors of the palace and the library, and the outdoor garden, then up the hills of the wilder and bushy park.



The view on top of the hills was amazing, all along the valley and the District.


To celebrate our rendez-vous, we went out for dinner and I tasted one of the best Eton Mess ever: Blackcurrant meringue and mint sugar made it special. Eton Mess is one of my favorite dessert but this one was really something to remember.

The surprises were not over: Button woke me up the day after with a fantastic homemade Victoria Sponge Cake. He said the recipe was Mary Berry's one and I trust both, him and Mary Berry, I mean, it was delicious!!!





 See you next time my dear Button, for new fantastic adventures!








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento