sabato 7 dicembre 2013

Meet me at Camellia's Tea House

Today I want to introduce you another fantastic place I really appreciate, even more during the cold season: Camellia's Tea House.



It was one year ago, in a freezing and dark and windy winter afternoon: I was wandering around in Carnaby Street and, suddenly, I saw a passage. I walked in and a little cute and cosy court, all shining with lights and festive decorations opened in front of my eyes. Its name is Kingly Court and there you will find a lot of marvellous vintage shops, design windows and, at the last floor, this lovely and spacious Tea room.
Once inside, you can choose from an unbelievable selection of teas but also hot drinks and you can share a tasting piece of cake.
You will seat between a lot of pots and mugs of every kind, from modern to oriental to vintage and time will definitely fly, chatting in front of a cup of tea. Of course, as a bear, I had to move carefully between all those fragile objects, but I did it well, I'm a kind of gentle-bear!
My favourite is the white apricot tea and the last time I went there I matched it with a delicate slice of rose and raspberry cake. I could taste also a fabulous and well balanced chocolate cake that I won't forget!
Actually, closing the eyes in front of that lovely pinky piece of cake it seemed to leave winter for a while and see the marvellous spring colours in bloom. But it's still not time for it! Let's enjoy the festive season before!



Oggi voglio parlarvi di un altro posto fantastico in cui mi piace andare, specialmente durante la stagione fredda: Camellia's Tea House .
Era circa un anno fa, in un freddo, gelido e oscuro pomeriggio d'inverno: stavo vagando per Carnaby Street quando all'improvviso, ho visto un piccolo passagio. Lo varcai e mi si aprì davanti una piccola e accogliente corte, che splendeva di luci e decorazioni a festa. Il suo nome è Kingly Court e ci troverete bellissimi negozi vintage e vetrine di design e, all'ultimo piano, questa graziosa sala da te.
Una volta entrati, potrete scegliere fra un'incredibile selezione di te, ma anche le più comuni bevande calde e potrete condividere una fetta di torta.
Prenderete posto in mezzo a tante teiere e tazze di ogni tipo, moderne, orientali e vintage e il tempo correrà tra chiacchiere davanti a un buon te. Naturalmente, come orso, dovevo stare un po' attento a muovermi con delicatezza, ma ce l'ho fatta!
Il mio infuso preferito è quello all'albicocca bianca e l'ultima volta l'ho abbinato a una delicata fetta di torta alla rosa e lampone. Ho potuto assaggiare anche un fetta di torta al cioccolato, ben bilanciata e per nulla eccessiva, non la dimenticherò!
Chiudendo gli occhi di fronte a quella fetta di torta rosa pastello, sembrava quasi di lasciare l'inverno per veder sbocciare i colori primaverili, ma è troppo presto ancora, dobbiamo goderci il periodo festivo prima!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento